"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Friday, June 6, 2014

Wall Drug and Badlands National Park

Today was my day off - rain was in the forecast once again.  We have had rain almost every day since I have been here!  Enough already.  There have also been several hail storms.  My car has several dents as proof.



Wall Drug Store, Wall, SD
Wooden floors, etc. 
Since rain was forecast, I decided on an indoor activity.  Wall Drug is well known in South Dakota.  They have signs posted on all the highways for miles around.  Its one of those places that you need to go to at least once if you are in the area.  They are famous for their free ice water and 5 cent coffee. Okay, and their doughnuts.  I had my nickel coffee and tried a doughnut.  Like my daughter, Janet, I am a "Shipley's girl" and didn't like the doughnut but the coffee is good.   It is really a huge tourist attraction and shopping center.  Not really my type of place but if you like to wander and shop you
would enjoy - they have everything ranging from drugstore items to books, souvenirs, t-shirts, toys, jewelry, camping supplies, artwork, etc., etc.



From Wall, I went to Badlands National Park and drove the loop road.  So gorgeous!!!  It was cloudy and windy but I was able to get out at a lot of the viewpoints and take some pics.  It would really be fun to go back and hike on a nice day.








By the time I got back to Rapid City to do a grocery store run, the rain and fog had arrived!

No comments: