"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sewing Update! (warning for my non-sewing friends)

The last couple of weeks I have been working on three little Oliver + S patterns.  One is on display at The Quilting Squares and the other two are for Kay's granddaughter, Abby.  They'll be used as samples when she outgrows them!  These are all size 12-18 months.  I was impressed with these patterns - the instructions were very well written.  That's not always the case with independent pattern companies.




Two cotton shirtings!

This one is a knit!
Now its time to sew for me!  Textile Fabrics here in Nashville had their semi-annual 50% off sale last week.  I went and got two fabrics for shirts and one for a dress.  I've also been knitting!  My scarf is coming along and should be done soon.



From the Farmers' Market
In cooking news, this week I fixed my favorite chicken curry.  I love this recipe and it means I've got five more meals in the freezer.  Soon I should have a decent variety.  Great success at the Farmers' Market this week.  I roasted some of my purchases - so good with some fresh parmesan grated on top.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those little outfits are so cute. I love the envelope illustrations on Oliver & S. Didn't McCall's magazine include paper dolls in that style long, long ago? Would love to try your curry recipe! -- Robyn

Mary Beth said...

The children's clothes are darling! Isn't it great to make dinners ahead? So convenient!

Donna said...

What does the sundress look like in the back? Buttons? Where does that pattern come from? Sooo cute - I might be able to make that one for Megan!