"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reconnecting with a friend; Virginia Creeper Trail

Friday morning we said our goodbyes and headed down the interstate to Roanoke to meet a friend for coffee.  Donna and I lived down the street from each other years ago in Sugar Land.  Her daughter, Amanda, is the same age as my girls and they were all in kindergarten together.  Donna found me on FB and we have reconnected!

Donna and I at Starbucks

Our next stop was Damascus, VA so we could ride the Virginia Creeper Trail - seventeen miles DOWNHILL!!!  We rented bikes and were shuttled to the top of the trail.  It was absolutely gorgeous and great fun.  I would love to go again and take a picnic with me.  Lots of great places along the trail to sit and read, relax or nap.






I deserved it!!!


By bedtime, we were back in Franklin!!!  The next morning Ardell went to Huntsville to see Janet and Nick and their new house before heading home to Houston.  The car has been delivered.  Great trip - thanks to Doug and Leigh Anne for letting us drive their car:)

No comments: