"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another B&B Booking!



My friend, Betty, made a booking at the B&B and came for a visit.  Even though her husband is from Knoxville and she has been through Nashville many times, she has never played "tourist".  We solved that and went to The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's Home) and The Grand Ole Opry one day.  Great fun!   Trace Adkins was the "star" the night we went.    And, yes, Little Jimmie Dickens performed at the age of 90.  The next day we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and then on to eat bbq and check out the Ryman.  I am quite proud of myself that I could find all of these places.  Definitely learning my way around.  We got to the Ryman just as they closed but at least Betty got to see the outside.
TN BBQ
Coconut pie at Dotson's

Janet came over Sunday and we all went out to lunch at Dotson's.   I had not been there before but it was highly recommended by Kay & Kathy so we checked it out. It was so good we went back a couple days later:)  Other things on the tour list were walking around Franklin, Merridee's, The Puffy Muffin, The Quilting Squares, etc.  Betty spent lots of time working on my computer while I did embroidery.

We were planning to leave on Monday and take our time driving to Houston but the weather did not cooperate.  Instead we stayed in Franklin and did it all in one day on Tuesday - long day.  We took turns driving so it wasn't too bad.  Besides that extra day in Franklin gave Betty time to set up my TV so I can stream from Nexflix now.  Love it!!!

Do you notice a theme when I have visitors?  Lots of great places to eat in this area!!!
Janet and Betty

2 comments:

becki-c said...

Lots of great places to eat, and great things to see! I can't wait to come for a visit.

Sherry said...

OK...Amy and I are JEALOUS!!! We love Trace Atkins!!!