"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lake Somerville - COE Park

View from my back window in the mornings.
My second camping spot was at Lake Somerville Corp of Engineers Park.  One of the good things about being older - you get a 50% discount.  I like it!  It was about a 4 hour drive to Lake Somerville so it was good towing practice.  This was my first back in experience - Ardell directed me and I did pretty well for my first time.  Two of the men camping nearby complimented me - we won't mention the third guy who stared at me the whole time.

Caden and Leigh Anne
Me, Caden and Doug
This was a really fun week!  Ardell headed to Austin to babysit for a few days but I had lots of company. Barbara (my sister), Doug, Leigh Anne, and Caden all came out to spend the day.  Doug and Leigh Anne stopped in Brenham and got bbq for all of us.



WOW!!!  Women on Wheels (or wine)
Suzanne, Jeannine, Peggy, Ardell

Ardell's Tent - double decker blow up mattress, dresser, night light!

Lots of deer in the park.

Suzanne came out to camp for the week.  Her sister, Jeannine, and I are good friends.  This was her first time to came in her new trailer.  Jeannine came and spent the week with her.  One of my high school buddies, Diana, came for the day.  Ardell came back mid-week and camped in her tent.  Lots of fun and laughter during the week.  We call ourselves the WOW's - women on wheels - or maybe that should be women on wine.  We're not telling.

Those Dwyer Sisters!!!
Friday morning we packed up and headed to Tyler State Park.

No comments: