"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Friday, June 20, 2014

More Rain - and another bus tour!


And the rains continue!!!  So many people tell me to "send the rain my way".  I wish I could - it has continued to rain almost every day.  I will say Keystone is green!  Several days we have had such heavy fog you could not even see the Memorial.
Mount Rushmore - so foggy you can't see it!!

The weekend adventures included joining The Yoga Studio in Rapid City.  I've missed going to yoga and this studio has three classes I can fit in around  my work schedule.  I can also do some dvd's on my patio when its not raining.  After yoga, I drove around Rapid City and went to Dinosaur Park.  My grandson would have loved it!
Dinosaur Par


Friday night, my neighbors Jon and Sherry, invited several of us to go to Deadwood with them to an outdoor concert.  About an hour before we were planning to leave, thunderstorms rolled in.  We decided to forego that idea since its a 40 mile drive with no guarantees it wouldn't be rained out and walked up the street to the local beer and burger bar.
Fort Hayes - a set from "Dances With
Wolves"

Doris and Orville in front of the Game
Lodge 
Saturday, two of my co-workers and I went on another bus tour with Mount Rushmore Tours.   This was much better than the last with lots of information from the tour guide.  We left at 7:30 a.m. to drive to Fort Hayes which also houses the "Dances With Wolves" film set.  After having a pancake breakfast, we toured the set and boarded the bus for a 9:00 a.m. departure.  We spent all day on the tour arriving back at Fort Hayes for the nightly dinner/show.  We saw many of the same sights as the previous tour with a few more added.  It was a long day - I didn't get home until almost 9:00 p.m.
The Cathedral

No comments: