"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Big Truck!!!
Whose stuff is all of this?
Janet and Nick worked on this room!
After a long 16 hour drive, Maynard and I made it to Franklin at dark-thirty Friday night.  We really wanted to get here during daylight hours but were held up in the Memphis area by a wreck on I-40.  Fortunately, not for 4 hours but long enough that it was dark before we got to Franklin.  My cats were perfect - no howling, etc which really surprised me.  As tiring as the move has been, things really fell into place and everyone showed up as scheduled.  The Penske truck was ready as promised, Patron movers showed up on time and packed everything, and Two Men & A Truck had it all unloaded first thing Saturday morning.   Janet and Nick arrived with lunch around noon and stayed to help unpack boxes.  With the four of us working, we made a good dent but there is still much to be done.  Maynard flew home Sunday afternoon after organizing my storage area that morning.  Janet and Nick helped me find a bed for the guest room and went home Sunday night.  I took a nap after everyone left:)  When I got up, it was all waiting for me.  No fairies had been to visit unfortunately.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I missed another wreck on I40, however long...bet your glad to be in one place for a while......

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Peggy! It sounds exhausting, but now you just need to pace yourself and have some fun rediscovering all your packed-away stuff. Enjoy your new place and new town. It will be fun to see pictures once you get out from under all the boxes....

Peggy said...

I know you're eager to get it all unpacked and in place but take your time and enjoy the process. That way you'll still like it when you're done! ;>)

Jan Lybarger said...

Glad to hear you made it ok! Hope you didn't get into nasty weather like we've had the last couple of days...have fun and can't wait to come see you!
Jan

becki-c said...

That looks so wonderful! It must be unsettling, but you will get organized before you know it.

nitacrow said...

Peggy - so happy you are "home" - in your new Home.....so happy for you. I look forward to seeing pictures and i know you have lots to do to get it Picture perfect.....but you will have it beautiful very soon....Love your blog and to be able to stay in touch.....
Nita

Sherry said...

Hey...you found the computer so you can post a little...can't wait until Amy and I can make a weekend visit!!! Post a pic of the house and the sewing room when you get it set up...that is what I want to see the most!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been looking forward to seeing your new condo. Would you mind moving all those boxes for me, so I can REALLY see it UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL? Heh-heh-heh. :o)

Love,
Annette

Anonymous said...

OMG, Peggy! I had no idea you had that much stuff. I hope to talk to you soon.


Amy