"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, September 26, 2011

Reflections - Year 2:)

Another birthday passed last week!  They seem to be coming closer and closer together.   My new friends here made it a special day.  Kathy and Jeff took me out for Mexican food the night before and Cathy and Ted took me out to dinner on my birthday.   When I look back on the last year, I am truly amazed.  It has been a great year!  I love living in Tennessee.    Franklin is such a wonderful town with lots of things to see and do in the area.  And, we have four seasons!!!   Seasons are new to me and I love seeing all the changes.

Janet and Nick are too funny - they recycled
the candles from one of their "26th" birthdays
for my birthday!!!
I have made new friends, learned my way around the area, gotten a part-time job, had my first date in 35 years,  and had lots of fun visits from family and friends.  Living near Nashville is a definite plus in the visitor department.  In the traveling department, I have been to see Doug and Leigh Anne in NYC twice, spent the Christmas holidays in Ireland, been back to Houston several times, biked the Katy Trail in Missouri, and spent many weekends with Janet and Nick.   It is wonderful living close to one of my children again.  They had an Open House at their new home this weekend and it was such fun to be able to go.

The coming year is already full of promise!  The most exciting will be the addition of a baby to our family in February - my first grandchild.   This weekend I'll be going back to NYC to drive Doug and Leigh Anne's car to Houston.  Ardell will be joining me and we will visit a cousin in the DC area and our aunt and cousins in Staunton, Va.  A childhood friend is coming to visit in mid-October.  My sister Barbara, long-time friend Ann, and I have a weekend planned in Charleston, SC at the end of the month.  Janet and Nick are hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner at their new home.  Lots of fun adventures in the days ahead.

I am happier than I have been in a long time!

There is joy,
Peggy

4 comments:

Anne said...

So happy for you, Peggy! You probably don't recognize me, but I "know" you from PR. I have enjoyed reading your past entries. What a busy year you've had, for sure. Congratulations on the anticipated arrival of a grandchild. How exciting!

Rhoto said...

Oh Peggy, I am so very happy for you!! May this year even top the last ;D
Warm wishes,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Anonymous said...

What a full two years! Next one is sure to be the best ever.

Donna said...

When exactly will you be in Staunton? And what is the route you are taking from wherever you are going from there? Gosh, it is soooo close, relatively speaking, and I would meet you somewhere along the way, for coffee, whatever. Message me on FB if there is the slightest chance of our seeing each other!