"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, June 18, 2012

Bozeman, MT

That spot is a coyote!
On my days off this week (Monday & Tuesday), I decided to head to Bozeman, MT to see the sights.  It is a beautiful drive through the park and out the North Entrance - about 2.5 -3 hours to Bozeman.  Amazingly, the only animal I saw Monday morning was a coyote.

When I got to Bozeman, I made a Target run and then headed over to the Museum of the Rockies.  My favorite exhibits depicted the early days of living in Bozeman and Montana.  There was even a two-story log house on the grounds of what life was like in the early 1900s.

Great coffee and a huckleberry
scone!!
Spent the night at the Holiday Inn with my great DNC rate.  Bozeman has a really neat downtown area so I went to a coffee house for breakfast and some really good coffee then then explored the area.  Ted Turner has a restaurant here, also in a beautiful old building.
Interesting bench in the downtown area.


I took the long way back to Fishing Bridge and went through West Yellowstone and by the Old Faithful area.  Patty and I are still trying to coordinate our days off.
Bison jam on the way back:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good trip. Keep the pictures coming, they are great.

Barbara

Doris W. in TN said...

Wow, huckleberry scones and then a bison traffic jam! Whodathunk?
I love seeing your photos.

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading your nature adventures so much! I'm with you on the pioneer museums. Always interested in how other people lived.