"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brother Visit!

Maynard
Norris Geyser Basin - I can't but wonder
what the early explorers thought the first time
they saw this area.
On Monday I had the day off to spend with my brother, Maynard, on his visit to Yellowstone.  He was meeting other friends here to spend a few days.  We started the day at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and then went to the Norris Geyser area.  Norris was a new area for me and we hiked around and looked at the geysers and pools.  


On our way to the Old Faithful area we took some detours to see the sites and had a picnic lunch by the river.  While we were having dessert at the Old Faithful Inn, Maynard called his friends to see if they had made it to the park.  John and Mary were waiting for Old Faithful to erupt.  We met up with them and explored the geysers around Old Faithful.  Maynard and John have been friends for 25 years but it was our first time to meet.  Maynard dropped me off back at Fishing Bridge so I could get my car.  I met his friends at the Canyon area for dinner that night.  Maynard got off cheap - the restaurant ran out of propane so the soup and salad was free:)   Fun day!




Old Faithful area
Crowd watching Old Faithful.  This eruption was
smaller than some I have seen.


Morning Glory Pool 


2 comments:

Peggy said...

Great pics! Sounds like you had a nice visit with your brother. Hey, what's up with the people wearing hats and jackets at Old Faithful?! ;) We almost hit 100 today -- only 20 degrees above "normal" for here for this time of the year. argh...

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! It was 105 degrees today. Enjoy the cooler weather up there!

Barbara