"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mystic Falls Hike

Made it!  Me at Mystic falls.
Church Group I hiked with - thanks for letting me tag along!!
Saturday (June 23) was my off day so I headed over to Mystic Falls to hike the trail.  None of my friends here were off so I headed out alone.  Lucky me!  I met a group of young adults from Crossroads Baptist Church and hiked the trail with them.  They were at the end of their mission trip and were exploring the park.  Quite a team - they had the "safety in numbers" part  and I had the bear spray and mosquito repellant.  That mosquito repellant was important - they were swarming!!

Fly fisherman - I picnicked near here.
After hiking, I had a picnic lunch and explored other areas of the park.  Took a lot of little backroads.  The road by Firehole Canyon was amazing.  Gorgeous!!!  My little point and shoot camera doesn't do it justice.  It was really a peaceful, relaxing day.  This is quite the adventure - I feel lucky to be spending my summer here.




Firehole Falls - Gorgeous!!!


Bison Babies
I ended the day with a stop at Grant Visitor Center to see the exhibit on the fire of 1988.  Very interesting but I was too late to see the films.  I'll save that for another day.

No comments: