"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, August 27, 2012

A day at work:)

Several people have asked about my work days, etc. here at the park, so . . .

I am one of the cashiers in the gift department and am working 4-5 days a week.  The store is open from 7:30 a. m. to 9:30 p.m. so there are two shifts that alternate weekly.  I much prefer the early shift!  Early shift is from 7:30-5:30; late shift is from 11:30-9:30.  Each has a 2-3 hour break in the middle - nap time!!!  Fishing Bridge is one of the largest stores and sells everything from groceries to camping supplies to gifts of all kinds.  We stay pretty busy!!!

Coworkers at a fish fry in the employee RV park.
THE Group
Coming here I thought I would lose weight - hasn't happened:)  We have the best chef of all the locations and eat really well.  The EDR (employee dining room) is behind the store in the same building.   There is a group of us that usually eat together depending on our shifts.

Ready to ride!
Dorm life is interesting:) The dorm is above the store and right now is full.  Age group ranges from 18 to 70s if that tells you anything:)  We have a lot of people leaving in about 3 weeks to go back to college or their contract is up.  My roommate, Rose, and I get along great and will both be here until the store closes on October 1st.
 

Days off I either explore the park - or escape.  Living, working, and eating with the same people 24/7 means you need to escape every now and then!!!!  We get great rates at a hotel in Cody and another in Bozeman so I have taken advantage of both.

n
FB Quartet (Bill, Gleen, Susie and I)
performing for Bill and Renee before
they headed home.
Update:  Several of my close friends have left; visitor numbers are way down; and things are coming to a close.  Most of the college kids have also left.  I wasn't expecting to form such close friendships in the few months I have been here - but its a good thing.  The store hours will change to 9 a.m to 6 p.m. for the last few weeks.  My end date is October 1 and I'll be heading to Houston.  Babysitting date with Caden on October 6th!!!  From Houston I am going to Foley, Al; Huntsville, AL; and back to TN and then???  I still have wanderlust and am thinking of buying a small trailer (and a bigger car) and wandering.  Next March's adventure is a month in Thailand with my friend, Susie.

No comments: