"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend in Durango

Thursday after a visit with Peg and Dave, I headed for a weekend in Durango with Doug, Leigh Anne and Caden to attend the wedding of Forrest and Lyndee.  I spent the night in Grand Junction, Colorado and then drove over the mountain passes with hair-pin turns to Durango.  I think I can now drive on any road in the states!!!  Some of those hairpin turns had speed limits of 10 mph!!!!






The groom with his bride!


Friday, around noon, I met Doug, LA, Caden and their friends, Steven and Jessica, in downtown Durango for lunch before we headed out to the condo they had rented for the weekend.  Friday evening while the four of them were at the rehearsal dinner, Caden and I got to play.  The little guy has grown so much and is such a happy baby!
Doug and Forrest

Saturday the guys fixed a great breakfast for all of us.  The four of them went across the street to try the alpine sledding while Caden took a nap and I played on the internet (it was so nice to have a fast connection).   Saturday night we all went to the wedding of Forrest and Lyndee.  The ceremony and reception were all outdoors with the Colorado mountains as a backdrop.  Gorgeous setting!!!  Forrest and Lyndee are adventurous, free-spirits and their wedding suited them perfectly.  Doug spoke and made a toast.  He did a great job!  He and Forrest have been friends since elementary school.  I had fun catching up with people I had not seen for several years.  Caden was a big hit!!!  He was so good and many of these people had not seen him before.
Leigh Anne on the bull!

Jessica had done her research and found a great breakfast spot in Durango.  The six of us went for a fabulous breakfast and Caden sat in a high chair for the first time.  Sunday afternoon, the four of them drove over to Ouray while Caden and I took a nap.  Caden woke up way before I was ready!!!

Steven
Miniature golf!

Leigh Anne, Caden Doug and I
Guess who?
Monday morning we all packed up and headed back over to the ski resort to play!  We all rode the Alpine slide (Jessica BARELY beat me) and played miniature golf.  Several of them did the bungee jump (I used my back as an excuse) and all four of them rode the mechanical bull (I used my back as an excuse again!)  The last time I had been on an Alpine Slide was over 20 years ago - Doug was so little he had to sit in front and ride with me!!  

No comments: