"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chance Family Reunion

Rainbow Lake from our cabin.
Janet & Nick
Elevation 9,300 ft
The first Chance Family reunion was held the last week in June at Rainbow Lake Resort in Buena Vista, CO.  We had all spent summer vacations at Rainbow Lake for years but not all of us at the same time.   Maynard ended up having to be in D.C. for a meeting and Sarah was already back in Alaska but most of us made it.  We had a great time!    Each family unit had their own cabin so we were all still speaking at the end of the week.

It's a boy?  Maybe not!
Janet and Nick did a baby "reveal" the first night we were there.  They had been told there was a 90% chance it was a boy but not to buy anything yet.  Guess what?  Next doctor visit the 10% won and it is a girl!!  We are all exited for them.
Happy Birthday, Amy!!!

We also celebrated Amy's birthday.  She is the youngest of that generation but she is getting quite a few candles on her cake.

Lily, Holly, and Caden (the next generation) had a great time playing with each other.  Nana (Ardell) and I (GaGa) did some babysitting so the cousins could all go out four-wheeling, fishing, shopping, etc.  It was a tough job but we loved it.  One day we were talking about what Lily and Holly were going to call me.  Since Caden calls me GaGa and the girls are into princesses, I am officially "Lady Gaga" or "Lady G".  So cute coming from those little girls!
Holly, Christie, Lily and Ardell (Nana)

Ben, my brother-in-law, decided to go home in the middle of the week as the altitude (9000 ft) was really bothering him.  Ardell stayed and drove home with me.  I had driven up with all my family's stuff.  On the way back to Houston, we detoured to Pagosa Springs, CO to have lunch with a former neighbor and his wife, Larry and Terrie Kolvoord.  Larry, Terrie and I had all gone to high school together and hadn't seen each other in years.  Larry's mom was instrumental in teaching me how to swim.   It was nice seeing them and their retirement home.
Doug and Caden

Leigh Anne and Caden feeding

Doug and Caden trying to convince Leigh Anne that
they need a 4-wheeler

Our cousin, Terri Lamond, came to visit
Another shot from the "reveal party".

We all decided we should have another family reunion - next time we are headed to the beach!!!

No comments: