"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Top Sail State Park

Headed to the Beach!
Top Sail was recommended to us by my friends, Peggy and Dave White and we stayed there from October 1-3 (Tuesday through Thursday nights).   We did not have the best sites in the park but we really enjoyed our stay.

The Beach
Tuesday after getting moved we drove into Destin to have lunch at Pompano's Joe's (also recommended by the White')  Great seafood and we sat overlooking the water.  After we ate, we ran some errands and stopped in at Walgreen's for a flu shot.

Henderson Beach State Park where I stayed in January was close by so we drove through so Jeannine could check it out.  She has been scoping out places for her family to camp.  It is my favorite of the parks I have stayed at in Florida even though they do not have full hook-ups.

Crab Cakes!
We spent the rest of our time at Top Sail at the beach!  Beautiful white sand beach with views of Destin in the distance.    It was a little over a mile from our campsites to the beach so we usually rode our bikes.  Quite a feat hauling an umbrella and chairs but we managed with a few bungie cords.  Thursday morning as I headed to the beach to see the sunrise, I saw two black bears.  Talk about doing a quick u-turn. After waiting a couple of minutes, I continued on.

Belgian Waffle with Bananas and Pecans
A great local seafood shop was close by so I bought some fresh crabmeat and made crabcakes one night.  Yummy!  We also had breakfast at a favorite of the locals.  Sinful!!!!

With Hurricane Karen wandering around in the Gulf, we left a day early to avoid any hassles it might have caused.




1 comment:

Eileensews said...

You are living my fantasy!!!