"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Leaving Yellowstone!




I ended up leaving Yellowstone on September 29th.  We had more than enough people the last few days, so several of us were given the last couple of days off.  As much fun as I had this summer, it was time and we were all ready for the season to end.   By the time I got the rest of my stuff packed and said my good-byes, it was early afternoon.  I headed back out the east entrance (Cody, WY), and drove through the Wind River Canyon.  The fall colors were so gorgeous that I had to stop several times to enjoy the view.
Wind River Canyon

The drive that day was a little longer than I anticipated, due to booked hotel rooms.  Sunday was a long day of driving through Colorado with 75 mph speed limits all day.   That night I was back in Texas and spent the night in Dalhart.  Monday's drive was pretty boring but I met Ann in Denton late in the afternoon.  As soon as I got there, I stopped in for a mani/pedi!!!  Pure bliss!!!



Robyn and I
My niece, Erin
While I was in Denton, Robyn (another PR friend) met me for lunch - Indian food.  It was great seeing Robyn and catching up on her retirement plans and sewing projects.  My niece, Erin, also met me for barbecue one night!  Ann and I feasted on Mexican food one night and then visited her grandson (and his parents!)  It was a busy, fun time!!!  I continued on to Houston and had a babysitting date with Caden on Saturday.

My time here has been super busy!!!  I am working on my next adventure.  Details soon:)

No comments: