"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Crystal River Roundup

One day while I was at Rock Crusher, Vickie and Waid (friends I made while working at Yellowstone NP) drove over to see and my little Casita.   They are working at a park in Florida for the winter.  We then drove around looking for a good place for seafood.  Amazing how many restaurants around here are closed on Monday.  It was great to see them again!
Vicki even brought me oranges and grapefruit from her uncle's trees.
Waid and Vick



My sister, Ardell, met me at Rock Crusher Canyon on Friday, January 18th.  We were headed to Orlando for several days and then she went on a bicycle trip with Senior Cycling to celebrate her 65th birthday.  If I didn't mention it, she is my OLDER sister.  I must admit, I am jealous of the whole medicare thing:)

Daavae & Peg with their shrimp.
Peg, Dave, Ardell and I went out for one last seafood dinner.  Our choice was The Freezer - great steamed shrimp.  This was a repeat for Peg, Dave and I.  It was th

at good!

Sunday morning we packed up to head to Orlando.  I decided to store the Casita for the week so I wouldn't have to tow it around Orlando.  Smart move.  Of course, I thought I knew where I was going - but no.  We definitely took the scenic route.  I kept telling Peggy and Dave I could get lost going around the block.  I think they may believe me now.

After getting the Casita parked, Ardell and I took off for Orlando - about 1.5 hours away.




No comments: