"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Friday, June 7, 2013

Weekend Adventure - Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown

Another historic site in Virginia that I've always wanted to visit is Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown so I made that happen on weekend in April.   It's just a couple of hours drive from Staunton so I packed up and drove over.   Saturday I spent all day touring Colonial Williamsburg.  It was much larger than I expected but I went on a perfect weekend.  The tourist season was not in full force and it was a little late in the year for school field trips.  Apparently all school children on the East Coast take a field trip to  Colonial Williamsburg.
Iron Works
My favorite shop was the Millinery -
clothing was a major expense back in
this era.  Dressmakers/Tailors were
in high demand.
Some of the exhibits weren't open but I had plenty to see.  I enjoyed the various buildings, videos, and exhibits and even tried some of the apple cider.








  






Beasts of Burden



























Sunday I spent the day touring Jamestown and enjoying all the United States history in the area.  Its amazing - that's where it all started!  Two days is not nearly enough time to visit but it was fun to see the highlights.    



Inside Indian dwelling.

Original Dig

Along the James River






No comments: