"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Monday, December 6, 2010

Homeward Bound

Sunday morning Doug fixed a great breakfast - his special pancakes.  Then it was time for me to try and figure out how to get my stuff packed.  I ended up carrying my boots and new coat in a shopping bag so was loaded down.  About 11:30 I headed to the subway station for the trip home.  Subways and trains don't run as often on Sunday so I am glad I allowed plenty of time.  By the time I got to Newark, it was time to check in for my flight.  My new Kindle was charged and ready for reading!!  I enjoyed it on the plane ride:)

After a stop at Trader Joe's in Nashville to pick up some of the favorites Doug and Leigh Anne told me about, I headed for home.  I had a great time in NYC!!!!  Doug and Leigh Anne's apartment is wonderful and they are having so much fun getting to know the city.  I'm looking forward to a return visit.

Nick and Janet had been by to check on the cats so all was well at home.


Walter said...

Sounds like you had a great trip...I presented myself with a Kindle last week....Love it....looking forward to my NYC trip next year...maybe Leigh Ann and Doug will have discovered some more cool spots to go...

nitacrow said...

I am sitting here crying reading your blog! I am so happy to see Sara in the pictures as well. Goodness, your baby boy and his beautiful bride....so very sweet....! Glad you all had Christmas early and together - that is fabulous! Merry Christmas Peggy.....Love ya.....!

Anonymous said...


All of your pictures make me feel like I was right there with you (although I was getting a little claustrophobic when I saw the MOBS in that one picture). :o)

A Kindle -- YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I LOVE mine. In fact, I always say, "I'm going to go read my Kindle," instead of saying I'm reading a book.

Doug sounds as bad as me. I'm TERRIBLE about giving away Christmas presents early. In fact, this year I got Mom a new quilt for their bed, and I thought SURE she'd want me to send it RIGHT AWAY, but she decided to go all MATURE on me and said she'd wait! NOW I think she's forgotten about it, so she'll be surprised anyway -- ha!

Glad to hear you're back home safe and sound. Oh, and by the way, other than W-O-R-K or church, I can't REMEMBER when I've gotten up as EARLY as 9:30!


Ronyn said...

Loved reading about your NY trip. Such a fun city. Flying in & out of Newark is the best way to go, IMO.

Karla said...

I loved your pictures, envious though they made me.... It sounds as if you had a wonderful trip, and might I add that I've never attempted to get from the airport to the city by bus or subway and for that, you get my utmost admiration.