"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Thursday, December 2, 2010

New York City!!!!

Yesterday I flew to New York City to spend a few days with Doug and Leigh Anne and see their apartment in Upper Manhatten.  What a trip!!!!  My flight was supposed to leave at 9:50 a.m.   I arrived at the Nashville Airport about 8:30 in case there were any security night mares.  Security took a little longer because everyone had coats and sweaters, etc. to deal with but I didn't get scanned or patted down:)  After I had a cup of coffee, I arrived at the gate to the announcement that there was a weather delay at Newark.  A couple of hours later they had us line up to board and then said "sorry" another weather delay.  We finally left Nashville with its gorgeous weather about 3:45!!!   When we got to Newark, there was another delay as planes were lined up waiting for a gate to unload passengers  This was all kind of  deja vu for me - when several friends and I came to NYC several years ago we sat in Atlanta for hours because of the weather in NYC.

After finally getting off the plane, I took the train into Penn Station and then the subway to the stop near Doug and Leigh Anne.  Great directions from Leigh Anne on the subway.  They did get an SOS text when I got off the subway to "come get me".  By then it was 9:00 p.m. so after dropping off my luggage, we went out for dinner.  A great spot just a couple blocks from their apartment.  They live in the neighborhood where "You've Got Mail" was filmed if you saw that movie.

Needless to say, I was exhausted and had no trouble sleeping last night!  But this flight still doesn't hold a candle to my Alaska flight last January:)  My "on time" flight status is not good this year!!

3 comments:

Ardell said...

Geez, I am impressed with your navigation skills...my SOS text would have gone out the minute I landed at the airport :) Know you will have a great time...give my best to D and LA.

Unknown said...

The last time I went to NY, same thing...but we were loaded on the plane...I was relieved that the pilot finally let us deplane and walk around IAH until an announcent came to reboard...when we arrived at LaGuardia, planes lined up...but the real problem was everyone was trying to rent a car at the same time...one guy behind the counter...two hours later, I finally got my reserved car......the joy of travel...always an adventure!!

Anonymous said...

I just have one question: What in the heck are you doing posting this at 6:18 in the morning? :o))

I think I've only flown three times, and each time I've been REALLY lucky with my flights. Beginner's luck, I guess. :o)

Love,
Annette