"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Friday, January 14, 2011

Back to Franklin!

Ardell & Ben's Dogs!!  Need I say more?
I spent a week in Houston before driving back to Franklin.  The first couple of nights I was at Ardell and Ben's recuperating.  One of my brother's had some outpatient surgery so I played "Nurse Peggy" and stayed with Walter for a couple of days.  Barbara had a port put in and chemo one day so I went to MD Anderson with her - she's amazing!!!  She is now half-way through her first round of chemo.

Jan, Elizabeth, Me
Amy and Bill met Walter and I in Montgomery for dinner one night.  Lucky me they had been in Huntsville so it worked out perfectly for us to meet.  Several friends met me on short notice for lunch-always fun.  When I was in the Richmond area, Betty was out doing errands so we met for lunch and a trip to TG's To Go to stock up. (if you live near by you must go:)   Walter's surgery was near downtown so I was able to meet Linda at Treebeard's (best Italian Cream Cake ever).  After spending the night at Barbara's in Pearland, two of my high school friends met me for lunch.  Elizabeth, Janice and I met in 3rd grade and have been friends since (we added Nancy in high school but she was working that day).  Our third grade teacher sat us in alphabetical order - she doesn't know what she started (Billier, Bowman, Chance)

Noah and his snowman!!!
I went back to Ardell & Ben's Thursday night so I could hit the road early Friday morning - and early it was:)  I woke up about 4:00 and was on the road by 4:45.  No choice since I had parked behind Ben and he leaves for work about then:)  Not a bad drive and I was back in Franklin before dark.  Saturday morning I woke up to snow on the ground!  It was gone by noon to be followed by about 4 more inches that is still on the ground.  One day I went to the park with my neighbors and actually went sledding for the first time ever.  My next door neighbor, Noah, built a snowman with his mom.

Sissy was really happy to see me and was glued to my side for a few days.  She has a new favorite spot - right in front of the fireplace!

I've spent the week recuperating - three weeks was a long time to be gone.


Anonymous said...

Love the dachshunds! they look lots friendlier than mine.

Walter said...

Thanks again nurse Peggy...Enjoyed meeting Amy and Bill....

Ardell said...

Anybody want a dachsund? :) Just kidding....

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you covered in WIENIE DOGS! :o)) Not only that, that looks just like our couch.

Barbara is a true champ. She's got the first half behind her, and soon she'll be DONE (although it doesn't FEEL like soon).